Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Melon Salad with Mint and Basil Dressing
My friends just LOVE this simple recipe. The combination of both mint and basil with the acidity of the lemon absolutely take fresh watermelon to a whole new level. Don't be afraid to add the cracked black pepper, it's a MUST!
Write a review
- 3 Cups Watermelon, diced 1" or balled
- 2 Cups Cantaloupe, diced 1 " or balled
- 2 Cups Honeydew Melon, diced 1" or balled
- 1/4 Cup Mint Leaves, freshly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Basil Leaves, freshly chopped
- 2 Lemons, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 Cup Simple Syrup (equal amounts sugar and water heated until the sugar dissolves, cool)
- 2 Tbsp. Amaretto Liquor (optional)
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Add to a blender the chopped mint, chopped basil, lemon juice, simple syrup and Amaretto. Blend until smooth.
- Add the above blended dressing to the combined melon balls and toss.
- Garnish with the mint and basil sprigs and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional sprigs of Mint or Basil if desired.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/