Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Lemon Curd Tart with Fresh Strawberries
Nothing says summer like a Lemon Curd Tart with Fresh Strawberries. It also makes an attractive centerpiece dessert on a picnic table.
Write a review
- 1 ea. 9” Frozen Pie Shell
- 4 ea. Lemons
- 1 1⁄2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 4 ea. Extra Large Eggs
- 1 Quart Fresh Strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup Granulated Sugar
- - Sweetened Whipped Cream & Mint
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Butter one side of a square of aluminum foil to fit inside the unbaked pie shell and place it, buttered side down on the pastry. Fill with beans or rice. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and beans, prick the tart all over with the tines of a fork, and bake again for 20 to 25 minutes more, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- For the lemon curd, remove the zest of the lemons with a vegetable peeler or zester, being careful to avoid the white pith.
- Squeeze the lemons to make 1/2 cup of juice and set the juice aside.
- Put the zest in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the sugar and process for 2 to 3 minutes, until the zest is very finely minced.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar and lemon zest. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then add the lemon juice and salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. The lemon curd will thicken at about 175 degrees F, or just below a simmer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Fill the tart shell with warm lemon curd and allow to set at room temperature.
- While the Lemon Curd is cooling, combine sliced strawberries and granulated sugar and refrigerate for 1 hour or until all of the granulated sugar is dissolved into strawberry juices.
- Serve each wedge of pie with a half cup of strawberries and some of the resulting juices.
- Optional garnishments are sweetened whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/