Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Kentucky (Run for the Roses) Pie
Made famous by Kentucky’s Melrose Inn which trade marked and carefully guards the name “Derby Pie” for its own recipe, this version is “remarkably” similar. It’s THE traditional Kentucky dessert and often served with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Write a review
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Extra Large Eggs, Beaten
- ½ Cup Butter, Melted
- 2 TBSP. Kentucky Bourbon
- 1 Cup Walnuts Pieces
- 1 ¼ Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 9” pie Shell (Unbaked)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and butter, and mix to combine.
- Stir in the bourbon, walnuts, chocolate chips, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked piecrust.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Set the pie on a wire rack and let cool before slicing.
- Makes 1 – 9” pie
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/