Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Breasts
If you've never tried Jamaican Jerk anything, this recipe is a wonderful place to start. The unusual blend of both savory (herbs) and sweet (spices) makes Jamaican Jerk seasoning delightfully different from most other rubs. In addition, this recipe can be prepared using the saute method rather than grilled and can also be served cold (after cooking) for a salad topping or as an appetizer with a fruit salsa of some sort.
Write a review
- 1⁄4 cup Salvaggio's Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Rub
- 1⁄4 cup Vegetable or Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. Chicken Breast, trimmed
- In a large bowl make a marinade by mixing together the jerk rub, oil, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Add chicken breasts and toss in the marinade mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours to allow marinate to season the meat.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high. Season grill with a non-stick vegetable spray and place chicken on the grill.
- Grill chicken on both sides approximately 5 to 7 minutes, then place on a baking pan and bake in a pre-heated 350F oven for another 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through or until the interior temperature of the chicken breast reaches 160F
- Appropriate sides are rice, fruit salads or a bean dish
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/