Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Jack - O - Lantern Pasta
A fun and dramatic presentation to make an ordinary pasta and meatball dinner a REAL Halloween treat for the kids!
Write a review
- 1 ea. Round Shaped Pumpkin, 8” in diameter
- 2 lbs. Fuscilli or Rotini Pasta
- 24 oz. Salvaggio's Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 12 oz. Meatballs, 1 oz. each
- 1⁄2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 8 each Salvaggio's Soft Bread Sticks
- Have the kids help by cutting a 6" diameter lid off of the top of the pumpkin and scoop out interior cleanly. Discard all interior pulp and seeds.
- Bake pumpkin shell and lid for approximately 30 minutes in a 350 F oven.
- While pumpkin is cooking, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente then toss in hot pasta sauce.
- Also, reheat or cook meatballs until thoroughly cooked through.
- Time cooking so that all components are cooked and ready to assemble at the same time.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and place on an attractive, Halloween themed platter.
- Add pasta to the pumpkin, then meatballs on top of pasta. Finally, arrange bread sticks in pumpkin cavity with ends protruding from open mouth.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese shreds and leave remainder for personal garnishment.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/