Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Homemade Vanilla Extract
Write a review
- 2 Whole Vanilla Beans
- 1 1⁄2 Cups Mild Brandy or Light Rum
- 1⁄2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- In a 3 cup glass container with a tight fitting lid, combine the vanilla beans with the brandy or rum.
- Cap and allow to stand at room temperature 3 weeks.
- Remove the beans and strain liquid through a double layer of cheesecloth into a bowl, if necessary.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool. Stir into vanilla mixture. Pour mixture into a bottle; cap and allow to stand at room temperature 1 month.
- Makes 2 Cups (for under $10.00!!)
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/