Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Herb Crusted Roast Leg of Lamb
This classic roast leg of lamb is a wonderful choice for Easter or any holiday feast. When you stop by our meat department to buy your lamb, be sure to pick up our Meat Roasting Guide which is full of tips and information to assist you. It's also available right here on our web site.
Write a review
- 1 each Leg of Lamb (Boneless), approximate weight is 5 to 6 lbs.
- 1⁄3 cup Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup Char-Crust Seasoning, Original Hickory Flavor
- 1⁄4 cup Garlic, Fresh, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Rosemary, Fresh Leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Oregano, Fresh Leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. Thyme, Fresh Leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. Anise Seeds, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Black Pepper, coarsely ground
- Pre-heat a medium size skillet on medium high heat.
- Rub the exterior of the lamb leg liberally with the olive oil.
- Sear the meat on all sides until medium brown in the skillet.
- Remove the meat from the skillet and allow to cool.
- Mix together the Char-Crust seasoning with all the remaining herbs and spices and apply liberally to the exterior of the meat.
- Place the seasoned lamb leg in a roasting pan and roast in a 350 F oven to your preferred doneness. Roasting the lamb to medium will take approximately 1 3/4 hours or check the internal temperature to gauge doneness. A medium done lamb will register approximately 140 F to 145 F. Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/