Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Healthy Honey Kale Salad
This recipe is to give you a basic direction or "suggestion" and let each person tailor the recipe to their own tastes. If you like one particular ingredient a little more than another then add a little more or a little less.
Write a review
- 1 pkg. Nino's Baby Kale Blend
- 2 medium Beets
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut julienne
- 1 Cup Carrots, cut matchstick size
- 1⁄2 Cup Red Onion, small slivers
- 1⁄4 Cup Sun-Dried Cherries
- 1⁄4 Cup Praline Pecan pieces
- 1⁄4 Cup Honey Roasted Sesame Sticks
- - Nino's Spicy Honey Mustard Dressing, as desired
- Prepare the beets by lightly oiling them then seasoning them with salt and pepper. Roast them in a 350F oven approximately 45 minutes or until tender.
- Cool the beets, peel off the skin, then toss them in the 2 Tbsp. of honey and season once again with salt & pepper.
- Cut the beets in medium size cubes or slices.
- Create the salad by tossing the kale greens with the honey beets, bell pepper, carrots and red onion.
- Plate, then garnish with the sun-dried cherries, praline pieces and honey roasted sesame sticks.
- Nino's Spicy Honey Mustard Dressing goes perfectly with this salad but you can also try it with any other dressing that has a slight, spicy sweetness to it.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/