Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
This is a rather classic version of authentic Andalusian Style Gazpacho as enjoyed in the south of Spain. It's especially refreshing on a hot summer's day and can be adapted to suit your own personal tastes by changing garnishments or even adding chilled, cooked shrimp or an avocado!
Write a review
- 2 1⁄4 lbs. Ripe Tomatoes, large diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Red Bell Pepper, large diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cucumber, large dices
- 4 each Garlic Cloves, Fresh
- 1 medium Jalapeno Pepper, medium size
- 1⁄4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups Water, Cold
- 1⁄2 cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Salt, Kosher
- 1 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
- For Garnishment
- 2 1⁄2 cups Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups Cucumber, peeled, diced
- 2 cups Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 cup Red Onions, diced
- 1 cup Green Onions, diced
- Place all ingredients except the last 5 GARNISH ingredients, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain blended ingredients and adust seasonings of liquid with salt as needed.
- Dice all of the GARNISH ingredients approximately 1/4" and add to the blended mixture.
- Chill and serve with additional garnishments of croutons, Manchego cheese or ice cubes.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/