Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
French Fried Shrimp on a Stick with Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce
Inspired by Corn Dogs, this light and crispy batter turns shrimp into the BEST seafood on a stick you've ever had. Nino's Fresh Made Chipotle Ranch Dressing is a perfect dipping sauce.
Write a review
- 12 each Shrimp, Large
- 4 each 10” Wooden Skewers
- 2 each Extra Large Eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Flour
- 1⁄4 cup Cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup Cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 2 cups Milk
- - Salt & Pepper
- 1⁄2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 cups Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 bottle Ninos Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Soak shrimp in 2 Tbsp. salt and 1/2 cup water for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Skewer 3 shrimp at the end of the skewers leaving approximately 6" for a handle.
- Mix together eggs, milk, cornstarch, cornmeal, baking powder, milk, salt and pepper into a smooth batter similar to a medium thin pancake batter.
- Pre-heat oil in a sauce pan or deep sided skillet to approximately 350 degrees to 365 degrees.
- Lightly dust the skewered shrimp with the flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip the shrimp in the batter allowing excess to run off.
- Immerse battered shrimp in hot oil and deep fry for approximately 3 to 5 minutes or until batter is golden brown.
- Remove fried shrimp skewers from the oil and place on absorbent paper towels and salt lightly.
- Serve with Chipotle Ranch Dressing.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/