Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Four Cheese Pie (Ricotta, Gouda, Parmesan & Provolone)
Somewhat like a "Cheesecake", this unique Cheese Pie is not sweet but a savory slice of cheese heaven. Topped with a generous ladle of Salvaggio's Marinara sauce, it can be either a main (non-meat) course, or an elegant side.
Write a review
- 1 each 9” Frozen Pie Shell
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Gouda Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Provolone Cheese
- 1⁄3 cup Roma Tomato
- 2 Tbsp. Onion
- 1⁄2 tsp. Garlic
- 2 each Extra Large Eggs
- 1⁄4 tsp. Oregano, Dry
- - Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups Salvaggios Marinara Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Pesto Creme
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Par-bake pie shell until blistered and lightly browned. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all cheeses, tomato, onion, garlic, eggs and oregano. Stir to mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Place pie shell on a bake sheet with a lip of 1/2" or more.
- Lightly tent filled pie and place in oven. Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water to the pan to help create steam.
- After 20 minutes, remove tented foil and continue to bake approximately 15 minutes longer. Filling should be firm and medium brown on top.
- Remove pie from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with heated Salvaggio's Marinara Sauce and a dollop of Pesto Creme.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/