Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Escarole with Garlic & Bread Crumbs
This VERY Italian side dish makes a wonderful accompaniment to roasted meats and grilled fish. You may also sprinkle sauteed colorful peppers onto the casserole for both a visual and tasty option.
Write a review
- 2 heads Escarole, fresh (about 2 lbs.)
- 6 Tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Pine Nuts
- To Taste - Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 6 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- Clean escarole and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Cook in chicken broth until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Toss escarole with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil and place in a shallow serving dish. Keep warm.
- In a skillet, heat 4 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Add garlic and pine nuts and cook one minute.
- Add bread crumbs and cook until crumbs are golden brown.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle crumbs over escarole and serve at once.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/