Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
The fresh Anise gives this soup an unusual and sophisticated flavor. Garnish with croutons or crisp fried cooked noodles for another unusual treat!
Write a review
- 2 each Escarole, head, cut in half
- 10 each Garlic, Fresh Whole Cloves
- 1 cup Anise Root, Fresh, julienne sliced
- 3 Quart Water
- 4 each Onions, Medium, julienne sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Chicken Base, Minors
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Combine garlic, anise, and onions. Saute in a stockpot with extra virgin olive oil until caramelized.
- Add 3 quarts of water, escarole, and 2 TBSP of chicken base. Cook until escarole is tender, then serve.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/