Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
If you've never ventured to try breaded eggplant this would be the recipe to give it a go. The fried breading, cheese and sauce add a wonderful sweetness and give this classic dish a very comfortable and approachable touch.
Write a review
- 2 each Eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 1⁄2 cup Salvaggio's Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- - Olive Oil
- 3⁄4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups Salvaggio's Bread Crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup Flour
- 2 each Eggs
- Wash eggplant and slice into 1/4" slices.
- Discard top and bottom of eggplant.
- Salt eggplant to remove bitterness and let sit for 20 minutes.
- While eggplant is setting, combine breadcrumbs and flour; set aside.
- Beat eggs and whipping cream together; set aside.
- Towel dry the eggplant. Dip eggplant into eggs followed by the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat olive oil in skillet until oil begins to smoke.
- Saute eggplant until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Place fried eggplant into baking dish and spread sauce over eggplant. Top with mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until cheese melts.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/