Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Detroit's Own Steak Sauce
One of the MOST requested recipes from Steakhouse Chefs in Detroit, the original Steak Sauce has a loyal following.
Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup Maggi Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Veal Demi-Glace
- 1 cup Melted Butter
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Pour Maggi Seasoning, Soy sauce and Veal Demi Glace in mixing bowl.
- Whisk in warm clarified butter (slowly) to form an emulsion.
- This sauce will separate after a short period of time and must be re-emulsified to use.
- Sauce needs to remain at room temperature or the butter will solidify.
- If using Minor's Veal Demi Glace Base, reconstitute it BEFORE you measure your 1/4 cup, do not use 1/4 cup out of its original container.) In place of the Demi-Glace, you may also use beef steak drippings, a slighlty thickened beef broth or Pete's Awesome Steak Sauce.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/