Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Crispy Creamy Potato Pancakes with Sweet Corn
A fun recipe combining the flavors of potato in 2 textures, crispy and creamy. I've always found this recipe to be a crowd pleaser and a great choice for a nice dinner party.
Write a review
- 4 cups Mashed Potatoes, chilled
- 1 cup Corn Kernels, cooked
- 3 each Egg Yolks
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 3 cups Idaho or Yukon Gold Potato, raw, peeled, shredded or fine julienne
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil (for pan frying)
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, corn, egg yolks and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- On a clean work surface, arrange a 3" diameter about 1/4" thick, of shredded raw potato.
- Portion approximately 1/4 cup of the mashed potato mixture on top of the raw, shredded potato and fashion into a patty like disk.
- Cover the top of the mashed potato mixture with another 1/4" of shredded raw potato and pat down to create a sandwich like cake.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- In a non-stick fry pan or skillet, heat oil to approximately 350 F and pan fry the potato cakes on both sides until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain each cake on absorbent paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve warm
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/