Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Creamy Nira Vinaigrette
Nira, the Japanese equivalent of Garlic Chives, can be used in as many different dishes as you could think to use the regular “garden variety” chives. (Although they are just a bit more flavorful.) Available at Nino’s are the Green, the Yellow (basically the green variety chive grown in complete shade), and the Flowering varieties. All are suitable to use in this recipe. Added to a stir fry, their color and pungent onion and garlic taste shines through. As a garnish in soups, or a topping on starches like potato, rice or noodles, this versatile grass both complements and brightens flavors. Enjoy this dressing recipe as a marinate for vegetables or as a dressing.
Write a review
- 2/3 cup Low Fat Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2-3 Tbsp. Nira, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Ginger, fresh, grated
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp. Black Sesame Seeds
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir together well.
- Keep this dressing covered and well chilled.
- Makes dressing for approximately 4 salads.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/