Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Creamy Chinese Celery Soup
The key to this recipe is in the quality of the chicken stock you use and in the quality of the produce. Aren't you glad you shop at Nino's?
Write a review
- 1 each Leek, Medium (White and Pale Parts)
- 1 each Idaho Potato, Medium
- 1⁄2 cup Shallots
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 bunch Celery, Chinese
- 1⁄2 cup Dry White Wine
- 4 cups Strong Chicken Broth or Stock
- 1⁄2 cup Cream, Heavy
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. Black Pepper
- - Garnish Croutons
- - Garnish Parsley
- Wash leek well in a bowl of cold water, then lift out and drain well.
- Peel and chop potato.
- Cook shallot in butter and oil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Add leek and cook, while stirring, for about 5 mintues.
- Add celery and potato and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and boil for 1 minute.
- Add broth and simmer, covered, until celery is very tender, for about 1 hour.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender until very smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), then pour through a large medium-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on solids.
- Discard the solids.
- Transfer soup to a cleaned saucepan, then stir in cream, salt, and pepper and heat over low heat until hot.
- Thin with milk if desired.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/