Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Crispy Tortilla Chips
This is a hearty, almost "chili" style soup and one that Chef Pete really loves. You can season this to your taste with additional "heat" or add other ingredients like roasted corn, ripe avocado or diced tomato.
Write a review
- 2 15 oz. cans La Preferida Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 2⁄3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Dark Chili Powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. Chipotle Powder
- 2 Cups Nino's (Pulled) Rotisserie Chicken Meat, white & dark meat
- 1⁄2 Cup Black Beans, cooked and drained
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, fresh leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Corn Tortilla Chips, broken
- In a medium size saucepan, simmer together for 5 minutes, the enchilada sauce, cream, cumin, chili powder and chipotle powder.
- Add the pulled chicken and beans and simmer 5 minutes.
- Portion into serving bowls and top with a sprinkle of cilantro, a dollop of sour cream and the corn tortilla chips as a final garnish.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/
Watch Chef Pete’s video on how to make this soup.