Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Crab, Mushroom & Pasta Gratin with Marsala Creme & Herb Crust
Created for our 2011 Lenten inspired recipes, this dish is sure to please anyone who truly enjoys crab. We're using Blue Crab here but feel free to substitute any crab meat or shrimp as you like.
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. Marsala Wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups Half & Half
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup Crab Meat
- 2 cups Cooked Pasta of choice
- - Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups Herb Crust Mixture
- In a medium size sauce pan over medium high heat, saute garlic in olive oil for 30 seconds then add mushrooms.
- Cook mushrooms until all juices have reduced and they begin to develop a golden color.
- Add Marsala wine and cook one minute.
- Mix together cornstarch with cold Half & Half and add. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add pasta and stir in. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Carefully stir in Crab Meat and portion mixture into 2 oven safe individual casserole dishes of appropriate size.
- Divide Herb Crust mixture in half and spread over top of each casserole dish.
- Place both dishes on a baking sheet and then place under a pre-heated broiler approximately 6" away from the heat source. Cook until top crust is bubbly and medium brown. (Approximately 4 to 6 minutes)
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/