Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Whether you free form mold this meatloaf mixture or bake it in its traditional loaf shape molds, the addition of mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic and onions give this recipe a hearty complex flavor quite different from those with Sweet Italian sausage or Ketchup added.
Write a review
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 2⁄3 cup Vidalia Onions, diced 1/4"
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cup White Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 each Roma Tomato, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 each Eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Milk
- 2⁄3 cup Salvaggio's Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Saute onion, garlic and peppers in oil until transparent and soft. Drain off all excess juices and cool.
- Saute mushrooms in oil until softened. Drain off all excess juices and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, onions, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes and all remaining ingredients. Mix by hand to thoroughly incorporate all ingredients.
- Form into appropriate size loaves.
- Place free form molds on a sheet pan or mold meatloaf into loaf pans.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven approximately 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/