Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Sweetened, shredded coconut is a MUST in this recipe. But be careful not to let the oil get too hot..burning the coconut breading is real easy to do. Easy does it....medium heat and take your time. It will pay off with a knock your socks off coconut flavor that goes well with our Orange Marmalade Dipping Sauce.
Write a review
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast
- 1⁄2 cup Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- 1 each Extra Large Egg
- 1⁄2 cup Milk
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- - Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 2 oz. Canola Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees before beginning recipe.
- Trim chicken breasts and cut into strips or 1/2 breast portions.
- Mix together fresh bread crumbs and shredded coconut and place in a medium size bowl.
- Beat egg together with milk and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to season flour and place in a medium size bowl.
- To bread chicken, flour raw chicken breast in bowl of seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- Place floured chicken breasts in egg and milk wash then coat with bread crumb / coconut mixture until well coated on both sides.
- Place coconut coated breasts on a dry surface or plastic film to rest.
- Heat canola or vegetable oil in a fry pan to approximately 375 degrees.
- Place breasts in hot frying oil and pan fry until medium brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
- If further cooking is necessary to fully cook breasts - bake in 400 degree oven until cooked thoroughly or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Serve with a sauce made from 1/2 cup Orange Marmalade, 2 tsp. Grated Horseradish, 1 Tbsp. Spicy Dijon Mustard and 2 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar. Optionally add 1 Tbsp. Minced Red Pepper and 1 Tbsp. Minced Cilantro.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/