Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Classic Thai Glass Noodle & Shrimp Salad
For people who have difficulty digesting gluten, glass noodles are a great alternative to wheat noodles, because they are naturally gluten free. You also get as an additional bonus, a noodle which is a good source of iron, calcium and fiber.
Write a review
- 1 - 4 oz. pkg. Glass Noodles (Bean Threads)
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 lb. Shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked & cooled
- 1 English Cucumber, halved, seeded & sliced thin
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup Green Onions, sliced thinly on bias
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrot
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro Leaves, chopped
- Soak noodles in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender; rinse and drain. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Combine lime juice and next 5 ingredients; pour over noodles, tossing to coat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, and toss salad until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/