Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Cinnamon Pizza Dough "Flan" with Caramelized Apples
The Italian's love fried pizza dough almost as much as their beloved pizza. Here's a dessert recipe for pizza dough that's "delicioso"!
Write a review
- 3 Honey Crisp Apples, peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges each
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1-2 cups Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 pkg. Nino's Artisan Pizza Dough
- As Desired - Cinnamon Sugar (1/2 cup Granulated Sugar + 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon)
- Optional - Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a medium size non-stick fry pan over medium high heat, saute apples in butter until softened and lightly caramelized. Add 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook 2 minutes then remove from the heat and reserve.
- Open packaged Nino's Artisan Pizza Dough and cut in half.
- Using one half of the dough only, cut that half in half and roll each piece into a 6" to 7" round disk on a lightly floured surface.
- Heat oil on medium high (350 F) in a fry or sauce pan just slightly larger than the diameter of your pizza dough disks.
- Fry each dough on both sides until medium brown then roll in cinnamon sugar (like a doughnut) immediately after they are removed from the hot oil.
- Divide the seared apples between the 2 fried dough rounds and optionally serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/