Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Chilled Southwest Avocado Soup with Salsa, Shrimp & Crisp Corn Tortillas
Love Southwest Cuisine? Salsas? Guacamole? Then you're going to love this Chilled Soup! A play on all the wonderful flavors of the Southwest with a hint of Cumin and Chili Powder thrown in for good measure.
Write a review
- 5 each Ripe Avocados
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 tsp. Garlic
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 3 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 medium Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 cup Ninos Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 8 Large Cooked Shrimp
- 2 cups Corn Tortilla Chips
- In food processor, blend together avocados, garlic, spices, lime juice and jalapeno.
- Once pureed, add chicken stock, heavy cream and buttermilk. Blend until smooth and pour mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in chopped cilantro, shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and top with broken corn tortilla chips.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/