Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Chicken with Farfalle & Mascarpone
If you'd like to try mascarpone cheese in a recipe other than a dessert, I'd recommend trying it in a sauce recipe like this one.
Write a review
- 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 cups Raw, Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, cut in strips
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts, whole
- 1 bag (10 oz.) Baby Spinach
- 1 lb. Farfalle (Bow Tie) Pasta
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Buttered Bread Crumbs (optional)
- Cook farfalle in boiling salted water to al dente. Drain and reserve cooked pasta and 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Stir together the lemon juice, mascarpone and pepper and set aside.
- In a LARGE skillet over medium high heat, saute chicken strips in 1/2 of the olive oil until just cooked and lightly browned. Reserve & keep warm.
- In the same skillet now over medium heat, saute the pine nuts until lightly toasted then add the garlic and green onion and saute a moment longer.
- To that saute mixture, add back the chicken, the cooked pasta and the 1/2 cup of pasta water and then additionally add the sun-dried tomatoes and the uncooked spinach leaves. Cook this mixture over medium heat while gently stirring and folding the ingredients for 1 minute then add the mascarpone mixture while stirring.
- Bring the sauce within the mixture to a simmer and then season with salt and any additional pepper to taste.
- Portion for service topped with Parmesan Cheese and/or buttered bread crumbs.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/