Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Chicken Shawarma with Garlic Sauce
One of THE most popular Middle Eastern chicken recipes, enjoy this recipe with soft pitas, Tzatziki Sauce, cucumbers, or chopped tomato.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Curry Powder
- 4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Minced Fresh Garlic
- 2 1/2 lbs. Chicken Breast, cut in thin strips 1" wide
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients except chicken and set aside.
- Trim chicken breasts and cut thinly (1/8" thick) on the bias to create thin strips about 4" long and 1" wide.
- Fold each chicken strip over itself to create a 1", multi-layer piece and skewer on a 5" wooden skewer. Repeat with additional chicken strips until the stick is full of chicken.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Dunk each strip in the Shawarma marinade and place in a non-reactive bowl. Cover and marinate 2 to 4 hours minimum (up to 8 hours).
- Spray a hot grill with vegetable spray and grill lightly on all sides.
- Place chicken grilled skewers in a baking or casserole dish and finish cooking in a 350 degree F oven until JUST COOKED through... (about 15 to 20 minutes). DO NOT OVER COOK.
- Serve with soft pitas, garlic sauce, Tzatziki sauce, diced cucumber, chopped tomatoes and other traditional garnishments.
- Purchase Garlic Sauce at Nino's.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/