Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
One of the most favorite Italian chicken classics, Chicken Marsala is pretty much a guaranteed hit whenever it is served. Our recipe below can be adapted to Veal Marsala with the simple change of similar size Veal cutlets instead of the Boneless Chicken listed in this recipe. You can also add more mushrooms, or perhaps more Marsala wine. You can even add a dash of heavy cream if you'd prefer.
Write a review
- 4 ea. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, pounded thin
- 1⁄4 cup All Purpose Flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, salted
- 2 Tbsp. Onions or Shallots, chopped
- 2 cups Mushrooms (Portobello or White), sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Sweet Marsala Wine
- 1 cup Demi-Glace (prepared per Minor's Brand Demi-Glace directions)
- 1⁄2 cup Chicken Stock (Kitchen Basic brand or other)
- 1 tsp. Parsley, chopped
- - Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- Flour chicken breasts and set aside.
- In a medium size sauté pan, combine olive oil and butter and sauté floured chicken breasts over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken breasts from pan and set aside reserving the remaining oil/butter in the pan.
- In the pan, sauté chopped onion/shallot for one minute then add mushrooms and sauté a few minutes longer to soften.
- Add Marsala wine, prepared demi-glace (follow directions on package) and chicken stock and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add cooked chicken breasts back to the sauce and season with chopped parsley, salt & pepper. Reheat turning over occasionally.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/