Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin
A holiday table favorite. Choose a cheddar cheese of whatever sharpness you prefer to eat normally. Be sure you cook this dish well. Countless stories have been told about dishes just like this one that have been served with crunchy, undercooked potatoes...
Write a review
- 2 lbs. Idaho Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (approx. 2 large potatoes)
- 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese, grated or shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder, to taste
- - Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a small to medium gratin dish with butter.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with an overlapping layer of potatoes.
- Lightly season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and top with a sprinkling of cheese (2-4 tablespoons).
- Continue layering potatoes, seasoning, and cheese, ending with the remaining cheese on top.
- Pour the cream over the potatoes, pressing lightly with your hands to cover the potatoes with cream.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the cheese is absorbed into the potatoes and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until the mixture is bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into portions.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/