Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Cajun Blackened Salmon Salad
This salad brings the taste of Louisiana's Cajun country to a salad of spicy, blackened salmon, peppers, beans and tomatoes. Tossed in a sweet and sour tomato dressing, the flavors and colors are in perfect Southern harmony.
Write a review
- 20 oz. Atlantic Salmon Fillets (approx. 2), skinless
- 1⁄2 cup Melted Butter
- 1⁄2 cup Ninos Cajun Blackening Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup Salvaggio's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ea. Green Bell Peppers, cut 1/4" strips
- 1 ea. Red Bell Pepper, cut 1/4" strips
- 1 ea. Yellow Bell Pepper, cut 1/4" strips
- 1 ea. Vidalia Onion, cut in half, then 1/4" slices
- 1 Pint Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Green Beans, snapped
- 1⁄2 cup Kidney Beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup Black Eyed Peas, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 e.a Nino's Italian Blend Greens
- 2 bottles Hot Rod Bob's Sweet & Sassy Dressing
- Paint chilled salmon fillets on both sides with melted butter, and then apply Cajun seasoning to each buttered side liberally.
- In a well ventilated area, heat a thick bottomed skillet on medium high and without adding any oil, place the salmon fillets in pan and blacken on both sides approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Depending on thickness of the fillets, complete cooking of fillets in a 350 F oven or microwave oven.
- Chill the salmon fillets then break apart into 1" chunks.
- Wipe out skillet and heat on medium high. Add oil then saute julienned onion and peppers until just tender. Remove and chill also.
- Blanch green beans in boiling salted water then shock in ice water. Drain, pat dry and reserve.
- In a bowl, toss together chilled peppers and onion, green beans, kidney beans, black eyed peas and tomatoes.
- In a large salad bowl or on individual plates, finish salad by tossing Nino's Italian Greens in Hot Rod Bob's dressing to coat. Garnish top of salad with peppers and beans mixture and finally with chunks of Blackened Salmon.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/