Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Broccoflower with Curry & Toasted Peanuts
Originating in Holland, and first marketed in 1989, this cross between broccoli and cauliflower looks like a light green cauliflower and has a milder flavor than either of its parents. The trademarked name “Broccoflower” is owned by Tanimura and Antle, a California company. Broccoflower can be cooked in any way suitable for cauliflower whether steamed, simmered, stir fried or even breaded and deep fried. This recipe has a taste reminiscent of Thai Cuisine and is a wonderful accompaniment with Chicken, Poultry, Fish or Beef. Enjoy!
Write a review
- 2 heads Broccoflower
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut 1/4" x 2" strips
- 2 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Toasted Peanuts
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, 1/4" x 2" strips
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Chop Broccoflower® into small bite size florets.
- Toss Broccoflower® florets together with all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Portion seasoned Broccoflower® onto a casserole dish and bake (uncovered) for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Additional toasted peanuts & sliced green onions can be sprinkled over the finished dish if desired.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/