Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Blueberry Whole Wheat Pancakes
This same “base recipe” can be used of course for blueberry pancakes or, you can sprinkle nearly anything you like on the batter after you pour it and before you flip it.
Write a review
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ Cups Unrefined Sugar
- 2 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Low-fat Buttermilk
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Low-fat Margarine, melted
- 2 Pkgs (6 oz each) Blueberries, plus more for garnish if desired
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk with eggs. Using a wooden spoon, stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Add melted margarine and blueberries and stir gently.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Let a few drops of cold water fall on the surface. If water bounces, sputters and instantly evaporates, griddle is ready. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet. Cook 2 minutes, or until bubbles that appear on the surface begin to break and the bottom is golden. Flip pancake and cook 1 minute longer or until lightly golden.
- Place pancakes on a heatproof platter and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining batter. Garnish with additional blueberries if desired.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/