Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Black Bean and Rice Salad
This recipe is a unique departure from traditional lettuce salads. Enjoy it served with grilled chicken, fish or seafood.
Write a review
- 1 cup Dry Black Beans
- As Needed Water to Soak
- 2 cups Long Grain Rice, cooked, chilled
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, seeded & chopped
- 2-3 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Chopped Parsley or Cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Cook beans until tender, strain, rinse and cool.
- Combine beans with rice, green and red bell pepper, tomato and green onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, mustard, sugar, cumin and pepper.
- Add dressing to the beans and rice and stir gently to blend ingredients.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro and serve chilled.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/