Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Baked Ziti with 3 Cheeses
Similar to lasagna, this 3 cheese baked Ziti is a wonderful casserole dish your family will enjoy. Serve with garlic bread or Italian bread.
Write a review
- 12 oz. Ziti Pasta, uncooked
- As Needed - Boiling Salted Water to cook pasta
- 24 oz. Salvaggio's Marinara Sauce (1 jar)
- 8 oz. Mozzarella / Provolone Cheese Blend, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Nino's Homemade Basil Pesto (or other brand)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- To Taste - Crushed Red Chili Flakes, Grated Parmesan Cheese and/or Crushed Dry Oregano
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain, and transfer pasta to a large bowl.
- Add 2 cups of the marinara sauce, half of the mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese, all of the ricotta cheese and stir to combine.
- Turn pasta mixture into a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Spoon remaining marinara sauce over the pasta then dot with the basil pesto and sprinkle evenly with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with fresh basil and a light sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes and oregano to taste.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/