Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Baked Seafood Stuffed Indian River Brook Trout with Parmesan Crust
Write a review
- 2 Fillets Indian Brook Trout (approx. 6 oz ea.)
- 2/3 Cup Peeled & Deveined Shrimp, Tail Off
- 2/3 Cup Bay Scallops, Dry
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Red Bell Pepper, Minced
- ½ Cup Baby Spinach, Chopped
- ¼ tsp. Granulated Garlic
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Nino’s Spinach & Dill Dip
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a food processor with an “S” blade, puree shrimp and scallops until smooth.
- While food processor is running, slowly add cream and continue to blend until smooth.
- Stir in bell pepper, spinach, granulated garlic and season lightly with salt & pepper.
- On a piece of foil sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray, place 1 Indian Brook Trout fillet skin side down.
- Using a small spatula or spoon, mound filling on top of the flesh then spread over the entire length of the fillet approximately ½” thick being careful not to go past the edge.
- Place the second fillet directly on top of the filling and pat down VERY lightly.
- Lightly spray the top of the trout with vegetable oil spray then sprinkle the entire surface liberally with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place the trout in the pre-heated oven and bake approximately 20 minutes or until the filling is firm and the cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove the baked trout from the oven, cut in half and serve with a dollop or smear of the Nino's Spinach & Dill Dip on top of the trout.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/