Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Apple Filling for Crepes
A simple yet wonderful apple filling that you can also use as a pancake topping , over toast or (warmed) over vanilla ice cream. For additional apple choices for this dish, check out Nino's Apple Guide, available in our recipes & more section of our Website.
Write a review
- 2 each Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cored, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 TBSP Butter, Unsalted
- 1⁄4 TBSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 Tbsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Triple Sec (Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- 1⁄4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Currants or Raisins
- In a saute pan heat apples & butter until caramelized.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg & brown sugar, simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Make Crepes batter as directed in recipe or use an already made crepe product such as "The Team Crepe" brand sold at Nino's.
- For each serving, add 1 tablespoon butter to saute pan on medium heat and melt.
- Place 1 plain crepe in saute pan. Re-heat thoroughly in the butter and flip over.
- Add triple sec, heavy cream & dried currants to the pan and bring the resulting sauce to a simmer while basting the crepe with the sauce.
- Turn off heat. Add 1/2 of prepared apple filling to center of the crepe and fold the adjacent 4 sides toward the center of the crepe to cover the filling.
- Lift stuffed crepe from pan onto a serving plate and top with any additional sauce remaining in the pan.
- NOTE: Crepes may be stuffed in other manners including rolling into a tube or folding in quarters.
- Variations: filling can be made with any fruit and topped with a variety of toasted nuts or powdered sugar.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/