Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Zucchini Carrot Bread
A great recipe to use your fresh zucchini from the garden. I personally prepared this recipe for 600 passengers aboard a cruise ship and received MANY compliments. You can also make the same cream cheese icing you'd serve with carrot cake and it goes well with this recipe.
Write a review
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄4 cup Poppy Seeds
- 4 each Extra Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups Carrot, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups Zucchini, grated
- 3⁄4 cup Dried Currants (or Raisins)
- Sift the first 5 dry ingredients together in a medium size mixing bowl and stir in the poppy seeds.
- Combine the eggs, oil and vanilla and add to the above mixture and stir in until smooth.
- Squeeze out the moisture from the grated carrots and zucchini and stir in with the currants to the mixture.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured 9" loaf pan and bake approximately 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until a cake tester, once inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap tightly in plastic film and store refrigerated until served.
- Makes 1 - 9" Loaf
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/