Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Yukon Gold Potato Souffle with Cheddar, Crispy Bacon & Chives
What's a gourmet recipe without its souffle version? Try this one, you can top it with sour cream.
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 cups Half & Half
- 1/2 lb. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Bacon pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Chives (or Green Onion) minced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 5 Extra Large Egg Yolks
- 7 Extra Large Egg Whites
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter and flour a 2 quart souffle dish or approximately 6-8 one cup ceramic ramekin souffle dishes.
- Simmer the potatoes in water until tender (about 20 minutes). Drain off all the water and return the potatoes to the saucepan. Place back on the heat and cook a moment longer to dry the potatoes out.
- Add the butter and the half & half in 3 stages and mash until smooth.
- Mash in the cheese, chives and bacon then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the 5 egg yolks then transfer the mixture to a larger bowl.
- Whisk the 7 egg whites to a soft peak and fold into the potato mixture in 3 stages using a rubber spatula.
- Portion the mixture into the prepared souffle dishes leaving approximately 1/2" extra room beneath the top lip.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until the souffle has risen and is medium browned.
- Serve immediately.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/