Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Warm, Southern Style Apple Fritters with Cinnamon Sugar
Forget about donuts, once you try these fabulous Apple Fritters you'll never want another donut. Using freshly ground cinnamon makes all the difference in the world if you can manage grating your own.
Write a review
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1⁄4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1⁄3 cup Milk
- 1 each Extra Large Egg
- 1 cup Cooking Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- - Frying Oil (Canola or Vegetable), as needed
- 1⁄2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup Raisins or Nuts (Optional)
- Sift together the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add milk and egg; beat until batter is smooth.
- Fold in chopped apples. Drop by teaspoonfuls into deep hot oil -- about 350 - 360 F degrees and at least 2 1/2 to 3 inches deep, and fry for about 3 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Drain well on paper towels then roll in mixed 1/2 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon while still warm.
- Serve as is or warm, with choice of syrups, if desired
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/