Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Tropical Pineapple with Banana and Toasted Coconut
Colorful, sweet and delicious, this tropical style salad is sweet, tangy and full of surprises.
Write a review
- 1 pkg. Nino's Hearts of Romaine Greens
- 1⁄2 Fresh Pineapple, cut in 1/2" thick rings (approximately 6 rings)
- - Non Stick Vegetable Spray, as needed
- 1⁄4 Cup Honey
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded & cut in thin strips
- 1⁄2 Cup Red Onion, cut in small slivers
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄4 Cup Toasted Sweet Coconut Shreds
- 1⁄3 Cup Sun Dried Banana Chips
- 2⁄3 Cup Aunt Mid's Tropical Poppy Seed Dressing
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Spray fresh pineapple rings and grill on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes to create grill marks. Before removing pineapple from grill, baste pineapple rings on both sides with honey and grill one minute longer on each side.
- Toss romaine, red bell pepper, onion, cilantro and sun dried banana chips with dressing and plate.
- Garnish with 1 grilled pineapple ring and toasted sweet coconut shreds.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/