Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Too Chez Chicken Mélange
This recipe was a favorite at a restaurant in Novi, Michigan called Too Chez. This bistro style restaurant was a favorite destination for modern "comfort food" dishes and fine wines. You, of course, can add other ingredients to this Melange of ingredients including shrimp, sausage or other vegetables.
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 4 ea. Medium Large (3” diameter) White Mushrooms, cut in 1/4's
- 1 8 oz. Chicken Breast, Boneless, Skinless, cut in 1” pieces
- 1⁄3 cup Grape Tomatoes, Cut in half
- 2 ea. Garlic Cloves, Sliced Thin
- 1⁄4 tsp.. Italian Herb Seasoning Blend (Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Marjoram)
- 1⁄2 cup Red Skin Potatoes, Pre-Roasted, then cut in 1” pieces
- 1 cup Nino's Homemade Hearty French Onion Soup
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- - Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves, Fresh
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- In a medium size, non- stick fry pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil, then sauté mushrooms until JUST softened.
- When mushrooms are browned, add chicken pieces and continue to sauté until the meat is golden and the mushrooms begin to color.
- Add tomatoes, Italian herbs, garlic and potatoes. Continue to sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add French onion soup and bring to a simmer.
- Mix together cornstarch and water and drizzle slowly into the sautéed mixture until a medium bodied sauce develops. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat. Add spinach leaves and toss briefly (leaving the spinach leaves only wilted).
- Divide Melange between 2 plates and top with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/