Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Tomato Mozzarella Salad
One of the most popular summer salads we make here at Nino's! Feel free to use either Dark or White Balsamic Vinegar in this recipe. For an additional "Kick" top with salad with freshly prepared Basil Pesto or Sauce's n Love Brand Basil Pesto. Another popular garnishment are toasted pine nuts!
Write a review
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Roma Tomatoes, cut in half, each half quartered
- 1 lbs. Fresh Mozzarella Balls, whole ciliegine
- 1⁄2 cup Red Onion, cut 1/4" x 1/4" x 3"
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, Fresh, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Basil, Fresh Leaves, Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. Oregano, Fresh Leaves, Minced
- 1⁄3 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt, Kosher
- Place tomatoes, cheese, onion, garlic and herbs in a bowl.
- Wisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and pour over tomato/mozzarella mixture.
- Toss and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Yields approximately 3 lbs.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/