Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
The Simplest 1 Loaf Banana Bread with Variations
Using RIPE Bananas is SO important! Not only is it a flavor thing but even more importantly, the acid that develops in riper bananas is needed to create the leavening when it reacts to the baking soda.
Write a review
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄2 Cup Salted Butter, softenend
- 3⁄4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Extra Large Eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄3 Cups Bananas, VERY Ripe and mashed
- 2⁄3 Cup Walnut Pieces
- 1⁄2 Cup Raisins
- 1⁄4 Cup Sun-Dried Cherries or Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease or spray a 9" x 4" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Carefully stir in any additional garnish.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the loaf pan for about 15 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- You can store this bread, wrapped in foil or plastic wrap, in your refrigerator for a week.
- Makes one 9" x 4" loaf.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/