Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Thai Chicken Soup
Even if you're not an avid Thai cuisine fan, you want to give this recipe a try. Its taste is very authentic Thai but quite mainstream at the same time. It's not too spicy and has a haunting taste that will surprise.
Write a review
- 2 Stalks Lemon Grass, fresh, trimmed and minced
- 1⁄4 cup Ginger, Fresh, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, Fresh, minced
- 2 Fresh Chile Peppers, minced
- 2 14 ounces Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 lbs. Cooked, Pulled Chicken Meat
- 2 8 ounce cans Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Green Onions, thinly cut
- 1⁄4 cup Cilantro Leaves, fresh
- In a medium size soup pot combine lemongrass, garlic, ginger, jalapeno and chicken broth and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the diced chicken and coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Mix together lime juice, soy sauce and cornstarch and add to the simmering soup to thicken.
- Adjust thickness with additional chicken stock or water if necessary and adjust seasoning with salt if desired.
- Serve soup with a garnishment of green onions and cilantro.
- Makes approximately 1 quart
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/