Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Sweet Corn and Pepper Jack Cheese Fritters
Better than "popcorn" these tasty treats will be a crowd favorite at your next party or get together. And if you don’t want to fry them to order, you can fry them ahead of time and re-heat them in the oven just before serving. Make a bigger batch than you might think, these fritters will definitely go fast!
Write a review
- 6 ears Sweet Corn Kernels, enough to yield 3 cups kernels
- 2 ea. Extra Large Eggs, beaten
- 4 Stalks Green Onion, including an inch of the greens, finely sliced
- 1⁄3 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced 1/4"
- 1⁄4 cup Parsley, Fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Basil, Fresh, shredded
- 1 cup Pepperjack Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt, Kosher
- 1⁄4 tsp. Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- - Oil for Frying, as needed
- Shuck the ears and strip off kernels with a sharp knife in a downward cut along the length of the ear. Reserve 3 cups.
- Mix the kernels with all the remaining ingredients except the Frying Oil and stir together to make a medium stiff batter.
- Add enough frying oil in a skillet to fill it 1/2 inch deep.
- Heat oil to approximately 350 F.
- Once the oil is hot, drop large tablespoon size portions of the batter into the oil, separating each fritter by an inch or so from one another. Fry on both sides 2 to 3 minutes each or until each side is golden brown and the batter is cooked through.
- When fritters are cooked, remove with a slotted spoon onto absorbent paper towels, lightly salt and serve warm.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/