Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Stuffed Artichokes with Shrimp, Avocado and Tomato
An elegant and equally delicious appetizer, entree or salad anytime of the year but especially appropriate during the warm summer months. This same recipe can be scaled down and stuffed in baby artichokes for an appetizer or hors d oeuvre party.
Write a review
- 2 Large Globe Artichokes
- - Lemon Water to Cook Artichokes, as needed
- 1⁄2 cup Spinach Artichoke Dip, Nino's Brand
- 1⁄3 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tsp. Milk or Water
- 10 medium Cooked Shrimp, cut in 1/2" pieces
- 1⁄4 cup Ripe Tomato, Roma or other diced 1/2" pieces
- 1⁄2 each Avocado, diced 1/2" pieces
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Trim bottom stem off of artichokes at the base of the leaves and cut the top 1 to 1 1/2" off of the top of the artichoke.
- Cook upside down in simmering water with a small amount of lemon juice added. Cook appoximately 20 to 30 minutes or until the inner leaves will easily pull away from the artichoke. (See Nino's Guide to Artichokes for more directions.)
- Prepare salad mixture by gently stirring together spinach and artichoke dip with sour cream, shrimp, tomato and avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the inner core, inner leaves and bottom choke from the cooked artichokes leaving approximately 1/4" of leaves around perimeter of artichoke.
- Stuff artichokes with the salad mixture and garnish with a small shrimp.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/