Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Strawberry Panna Cotta
Unlike custards thickened with eggs, or puddings thickened with cornstarch, Panna Cotta desserts are "set" with gelatin. The result is a pure taste which melts in your mouth. Enjoy this strawberry version.
Write a review
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Fresh Pureed Strawberries (Strained)
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Unflavored Gelatin
- ¼ Tsp. Red Food Color (Optional)
- Optional Chocolate Shavings, to Garnish
- Sprinkle gelatin over ½ cup of cold milk and let it stand for about 10 minutes without stirring. This is to soften the gelatin.
- In a saucepan, add cream, the remaining ½ cup milk and the sugar then cook on medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- When the cream mixture is heated through and starts simmering, turn off the heat. Add the softened gelatin mixture and stir well to combine. Make sure the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add the pureed strawberries and (optional coloring).
- Pour into individual 4 to 6 ounce containers.
- Chill in the refrigerator uncovered for about 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with optional chocolate shavings.
- Serves 8 – 4 ounce portions.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/