Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Spring Mix Salad with Spicy Yellow Fin Tuna
This salad is a wonderful Asian influenced entree salad with Yellow Fin Tuna and colorful vegetables. You can omit the Cowboy seasoning step if you'd like less heat and you can also substitute chicken breast for the tuna if you like.
Write a review
- 1 pkg. Ninos Spring Mix Greens
- 12 oz. Yellow Fin Tuna Fillet
- 2 Tbsp. Nino's Cowboy Seasoning Rub
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 ea. Red Bell Pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1⁄2 cup Bean Sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Yellow Squash, outer 1/4" only, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup Crisp Chow Mein Noodles
- - DRESSING
- 3⁄4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp. Garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 ea. Jalapeno, minced (with seeds)
- 1⁄4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- Season Yellow Fin tuna steak on both sides with the Cowboy Seasoning Rub.
- Heat a small, non-stick skillet with the 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil and sear on both sides to brown and create a crisp crusted surface. Cook tuna to your desired doneness, (Medium Rare to Well Done), then cool.
- Once cool, break apart Tuna into 1/2" to 1" pieces.
- Toss all salad garnish ingredients together including the tuna and Spring mix.
- Combine all dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl and whisk well.
- Pour dressing over greens and toss.
- Garnish with Chow Mein Noodles and serve.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/