Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Spinach and Fresh Ricotta Gnocchi with Vodka Sauce and Asiago Cheese
One of my favorite gnocchi recipes. This one contains spinach and ricotta right in the dough itself. This recipe is delicious with any poultry or fish dish and partners well with any Salvaggio's Pasta Sauce.
Write a review
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup Basil Leaves, minced
- 8 oz. Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 cup Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Salvaggio Vodka Sauce
- Rinse baby spinach, then steam or saute in a pot or skillet with a couple tablespoons of water until spinach has completely wilted. Squeeze out ALL excess water from the spinach and mince very finely.
- Cool spinach, then in a medium size mixing bowl of the appropriate size, stir together garlic, basil, spinach, fresh ricotta, egg yolk, parmesan cheese and flour. The mixture should be a soft dough consistency. If needed, add a tablespoon or more of extra flour to achieve this.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough with floured hands to a long rope approximately 1 in. in diameter.
- Cut each gnocchi into three quarter inch pieces. The pieces can be used as is, or additionally shaped into round balls.
- Prepare a pot of boiling salted water and cook the gnocchi in the water for approximately 3 to 5 minutes or until they float and are light and fluffy.
- Drain then toss in heated Salvaggio Vodka Sauce and top with shredded Asiago cheese.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/