Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Spiced Pork & Apples
A unique and delicious recipe for pork. The spicy marinate/sauce with the addition of apples makes this recipe very special. Enjoy with rice or cous cous.
Write a review
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 cups Rice
- 1 tsp. Cloves
- 4 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 24 oz. Apple Juice
- 3 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 1⁄4 Lb Pork Strips
- 1 Tbsp. White Pepper
- Cut 1 1/3 lb. pork strips across the grain into very thin slices.
- Blend together 1 tbsp. garlic powder, 1 tbsp. cinnamon, 1 tbsp. cloves, and 3 tsp. nutmeg and 1 tbsp. white pepper. Sprinkle over the pork and set aside.
- For sauce blend 8 oz. apple juice, 4 tbsp. soy sauce, and 1 tbsp. cider vinegar and 1 tbsp. cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork and cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove the pork from the skillet. Add 1 sliced apple, stir and cook until the apple is lightly browned.
- Return the pork and add the apple juice mixture; cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve over the cooked rice.
Nino Salvaggio http://www.ninosalvaggio.com/